Here is another minimalist meal using some ingredients you have lying around in your kitchen. This past weekend I roasted a whole chicken and had quite a bit of chicken left over. So I made this tasty, good looking, unexpectedly easy salad.
This salad is perfect for Summer and thankfully quick and easy to make, especially in this busy world we live in. You can make this for friends, take it to work or impress your friends at a party or maybe a new date.
In any case, it’s a piece of culinary art that’s delicious and very likely as nutritious as it is beautiful when served on individual plates, accompanied with freshly squeezed orange juice.
Eat, enjoy and let me know how it tastes!
Fusilli Pasta Salad
Ingredients: Serves 2
Time (for the salad): 25 minutes or less
- 1 cup shredder roasted chicken, boneless, skinless, free range preferably, room temperature
- 1 cup organic fusilli (or pasta of choice) I used bionaturae fusilli
- 2 tbsp organic sweet mini peppers, washed, seedless and diced
- 3 tbsp red firm vine organic tomato, washed, seedless and diced
- 2 tbsp red organic onions diced
- 3 tbsp Italian pitted green seedless sliced olives ( I used Mezzetta Italian olives)
- 2 tbsp fresh organic cilantro, rinsed and finely chopped including stems
- 3 tbsp fresh organic basil leaves, rinsed and patted dry chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise ( I used Hain Safflower Mayonnaise)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
How to Prepare:
- Start cooking the pasta as directed on the package, until tender. Meanwhile start to cut all the ingredients listed above.
- Drain and rinse the fusilli pasta, under cold running water and set aside to drain.
- In a large glass bowl, add the shredder roasted chicken first, then the cooked pasta, diced sweet mini peppers, diced tomato, diced red onions, sliced green olives, finely chopped cilantro, finely chopped basil, and mayonnaise, and finally some seasoning with salt and fresh ground black pepper for taste. All ingredients should be well but gently mixed with a large spoon. Serve immediately or cover the salad bowl with plastic food wrap and refrigerate until later.
- I haven’t used any salt in this recipe, because the chicken was already cooked and seasoned with salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
- Also I had cooked the pasta in salted water, so it’s up to you to add anything else.
- Always makes sure when preparing food that vegetables, fruit and herbs are washed/rinsed before cooking especially when eating raw.