Happy Saturday (or Sunday for those early risers across the globe) to all – sharing today another round of healthy snacks for this Summer. Toasted on sourdough bread with sprinkles of organic broccoli sprouts, dill, fresh fruit, delicate slices of cucumber and hemp-seeds. Beautifully presented to you homemade, with love, using some of the herbs form my little private green garden. Ohhh it feel so good to go there and snip fresh herbs, harvest tomatoes and prepare the food the way I want it.
Hope you enjoy every bite and the recipe is below for you to try out. If you have any question or comment, just drop me a line.
Have a great weekend!!! (❁´◡`❁)*✲ﾟ*
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 1 organic fresh ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp organic red Spanish onions peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp organic sweet mini peppers, washed, seedless and chopped [mixed colors]
- 2 tbsp organic fresh cilantro rinsed and chopped
- 1/8 tbsp organic garlic minced
- 3 tbsp yellow cling peaches in extra-light syrup, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-light syrup
- 2 organic large hard-boiled eggs, cooler and chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise [I used Hain Safflower Mayonnaise]
- 2 tbsp raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp organic dill rinsed and chopped
- 7 slices sourdough toasted bread
- Kosher salt and black freshly ground pepper to your liking
How to Prepare the Summer Toasts:
- Preheat oven: 360°F.
- Toast the bread slices on a baking sheet in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until golden and crispy. Don’t forget to flip to brown both sides.
- Place the 2 eggs in a small saucepan. Cover them with 1 inch of cool water by. Bring water to a boil over high heat for 8 minutes for large eggs [10 minutes for extra large; 7 minutes for medium eggs]. Remove from burner. (Since I don’t know the size of your sauce pan and hence the amount of water used, you’ll need to make the necessary adjustments.)
- Drain immediately let cool completely under cold running water or in a bowl of ice water, then refrigerate.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed, scoop out the inner flesh of the avocado with a spoon, separating it from the outer skin. In a bowl mash the avocado flesh with a fork, add the red onions, sweet peppers, cilantro, garlic, peaches, salt and fresh black pepper for taste. And last, add the extra-light syrup mixing all the ingredients together until smooth. Let cool in the refrigerator.
- In another bowl, mix the chopped cool eggs with mayonnaise, hemp-seeds, dill, salt and fresh black pepper to taste. Mix all the ingredients together gently with a rubber spoon.
- Generously spread the cool avocado with a spatula on the toasted bread. Add thinly sliced radishes on top and garnish with your favorite greens (let creativity run wild) and a little bit more hemp-seeds. Or organic broccoli sprouts with thinly slices of cucumber.
- In another toasted batch of bread, generously spread the egg mixture with a spatula. Garnish with organic raspberries, apples, strawberry or pear slices. I’ll leave that to your imagination and preference …