Ditch the Dusty Bananas, Grab Ripe Bliss: The Richest Banana Bread Ever (From a Brazilian Banana Whisperer!)
Hold onto your spatulas, banana bread buffs! This ain’t your grandma’s mushy loaf. Prepare to sink your teeth into the juiciest, most flavorful banana bread your taste buds have ever encountered. (Seriously, I’ve been perfecting this baby for years, back when dinosaurs danced to Bossa Nova in Brazil.)
Why is it the “richest” you ask? It’s not just about buttermilk (though there’s plenty of that!). I’ve been secretly swapping and stirring, adding hidden gems you won’t find in any ordinary recipe. Think warm spices for a tropical twist, crunchy nuts for a satisfying bite, and a drizzle of something truly magical… but that’s a surprise you can add once you’ve tried the recipe below.
Now, I know what you’re thinking: “Isn’t all banana bread easy?” Sim, sim, and sim! This bad boy takes less time than scrolling through endless TikTok dances. And forget store-bought mystery ingredients – homemade warmth in every bite is guaranteed.
So, whip up a batch for:
- Breakfast of champions: Ditch the boring toast, enjoy this beauty with your morning coffee
- Afternoon pick-me-up: Tea time just got tropical (and socially acceptable pre-dinner snacking never felt so justified)
- Hosting hero: Impress your friends with a warm, gooey gift they’ll be raving about all night
Remember, there’s nothing better than sharing delicious homemade treats. And trust me, with this banana bread, you’ll become the legend of every potluck and picnic.
Ready to unlock banana bread nirvana? Dive into the recipe below! (And don’t forget to tag me in your pics – I live for seeing happy faces covered in crumbly goodness!)
P.S.: Missed the part about growing my own bananas back home? Yeah, I’m basically a banana whisperer. Don’t judge.
Let’s get baking!
- 1⅓ cup organic all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup of buttermilk (shake very well before using)
- ¼ cup of avocado oil
- ⅓ cup organic cane or brown sugar
- ½ cup organic semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
- 2 organic eggs, at room temperature beaten
- 3-4 organic mashed over-ripened bananas
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease with avocado or coconut oil 9 in² square pan
- In a large glass bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, pinch salt and cinnamon
- In an another separate bowl, mix together buttermilk, avocado oil, sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Then stir banana mixture into flour mixture; after well combined add chocolate baking chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, using a cake tester or toothpick poke the loaf in the center to make sure it’s completely cooked throughout toothpick should come out clean when is ready
- Let the banana bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack cut and enjoy!
PS: If you prefer a more sweet banana bread instead of ⅓ cup of sugar use ½ cup. In my opinion the taste of the latter is too sweet, especially combined with semi-sweet chocolate chips for baking and bananas that are already very sweet on their own. Of course if you like to experience a little more crunch in your bite then you can always add ⅓ cup of chopped nuts of your choice such as walnuts.
You can make bake this banana bread using melted unsalted butter as well. When eating I find the banana bread deliciously moist especially when using buttermilk. I baked this recipe so many times that even friends and neighbors loved its texture and flavor.